Monday, July 14, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Filled Jalapeno's

If you are not ready for Heaven, then you had better GET prepared!
We fed the Missionaries the other night. We LOVE having them over! In fact, the Mission President came and spoke in our ward not to long ago and said that if you want your children to grow up with a desire to serve a mission, you should have the missionaries in your home as often as you can! I totally believe that. Jake LOVES to listen to them and almost always talks about his mission after they are gone. We love the spirit they bring!

SO, when Elder Cortes & Elder Martinez found out about how much we used to spoil Elder Timms & Carrion (See them HERE), they decided they were going to make a few requests. For one, my RIBS and then of course Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pistachio Salad, and whatever else I would make. It was all really good, but the high light came from the Pioneer Woman!

There has NEVER been a combination made that is SO PERFECT! Oh LAWSY! As PW says, if you think you have made enough, you had better double it! These babies are easy to make and a FOR SURE hit at any potluck! (And for all of my friends that will be at the BBQ this weekend, I will be bringing them...prepare yourselves!) You could also just make a few of them if you are in the mood and don't have a party to use as an excuse! Whatever you want...JUST TRY THEM!

BACON WRAPPED CREAM CHEESE FILLED JALAPENO'S

Buy as many Jalapeno's as you think you will need. NOW DOUBLE IT! Some of mine were a little too big. Smaller ones work better.
Cut them all in half and scrape out the seeds and white membrane (Ew, that doesn't seem like a very appetizing word! Good thing we are removing them) with a spoon. These are the hot parts. SERIOUSLY HOT! We won't be needing them!


Now fill those puppies with cream cheese. I used 1/3 fat and it works perfectly, and made me feel 1/3 better about it!


Now wrap them in bacon! I pulled all the bacon (thick sliced) out of the package and cut it all into thirds. I used 2 little stips on a few of the bigger ones. Then run a toothpick through to keep it all in place.

You will bake these at 375 degrees for 20-25 min. on a pan with a rack. I used a broiler pan.
Mmmmm! Oh heavens! I can't wait until Saturday! I am telling you....Ok, I must stop!
Just go make some of your own!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

K I must admit those look really good!

~Tiffany~ said...

Yum!! Your menu items always look and sound sooo good! It sounds like your a excellent cook! I love the new look of your blog, do you do them yourself? I'm looking for a change, but am computer "Stupid" is there an easy way?

Jess said...

Are you kidding me...I don't cook. Greg would love a dinner like this.

And about your comment with Elyse about her laugh. Yes, she did get it from me.
Greg loves it he gets me in trouble when it's time be quiet (like in the temple) and then he cracks some smart remark then I bust out with loud laughter. It just happened in church on Sunday.

Jelina said...

Dang it to breastfeeding when there is good eating like that around. Oh well.

Kristin and Jay said...

K so as I was dreaming of tasting these yummy appetizers at "a" bbq this weekend. I suddenly realized, "crap, I don't know of any bbq". I seriously can't miss these, so you better drop one off at my house, I have been excited since Monday!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

TIFFANY- Yes, I did make my own background. It is suprisingly easy and it makes it more personal! :)Email me at lindstromfamof5@gmail.com and I will forward you instructions.

JESS- That totally made me laugh out loud! I do miss your laugh! :) Can I also just add that you and Greg are the PERFECT match! I am glad you are so happy! I love that I found your blog! It is fun to check up on you! Someday, when I come back into town and I am not running CRAZY, we will have to go to lunch or something! :) By the way, how is your mom?

KRISTIN- You goof! It is the BBQ to mourn the loss (I will NOT call it a party) of our friends! As soon as I get details, you will have them! AHHHH! We need a GNO! Maybe tomorrow. OK, now I have to call you!

Gear Gang said...

Your menu every week really shows me up. I think last weeks menu for us was: Monday- Frozen Pizza Tuesday- Bowl of cereal. Wednesday- Sleep. Thursday- bowl of cereal. Friday- Macaroni and Tomatos, Saturday- Hot dogs!! I am not going to let Ryan read your Monday blogs until I am no longer prego!

Love you Aim!

Unknown said...

Okay, this one looks way too gross for words! And I don't think that much cream cheese counts as dinner, although in a perfect world, it should :)

I think Lisa and I have the same type of house :)

LinkWithin