Tuesday, April 15, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} BBQ Baby Back Ribs

Now ladies....this is the SURE way to make your man happy! (And yourself while you are at it.) These puppies are phenomenal! I LOVE them! I have made these a few times. They are fool proof and SO good! In fact, I made them for Ryan's business partners when they were in town. Then next day one of them called me to tell me that he couldn't stop thinking about them....SUCCESS!! This recipe comes from my Grandma Atkinson. I am telling you, I come from a line of fabulous cooks!

BBQ BABY BACK RIBS

INGREDIENTS:About 2 lbs baby back ribs. Preheat oven to 300˚ Put the ribs in a pan, cover and bake them about 2 ½ hours.
(Nothin on them, just plop them down, cover and cook em)

SAUCE INGREDIENTS:1/4 c. Vinegar
1/2 c. Ketchup
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
2 T. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced or Pressed
1/8 tsp. Pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1.
Mix sauce ingredients together and simmer about 15 min.
2. Take ribs out of oven and put on broiler pan.
3.Brush ribs good with sauce – put under broiler (that is preheated and HOT).
4. Watch very close so they just brown. Turn over and brush the other side with sauce. Keep turning over and brushing with sauce. Turn & brush, turn and brush until they are browned perfectly. Don’t leave them or they will burn.
5. Eat & Enjoy!

I don't have all the nutritional facts written down, but I do know that if 1 rack (which is about 2 lbs) will feed 3 hungry adults without a problem, and with that serving size, one serving size (BIG SERVING) is 10 WW points! Save them up, it's worth it!


This is the spread! Ribs, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, a BEAUTIFUL Spinach Salad, an Asian Zucchini-Mushroom-Onion veggie mix and Cheddar Bay Biscuits!

We can thank Ryan...yep Ryan....for setting the table so beautifully! Good Job Babe!

Tyrel and Suzi were in town! They are getting married this Saturday! YAY! We also couldn't resist inviting the Norris' over (thanks for bringing the biscuits and carmel corn Carrie!)

It was about 60 degrees outside, so the kids ran and played outside and had a blast while Dan schooled us at Blokus a couple of times! Thanks a lot Dan! :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kara said...

Now that looks yummmmyyy!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh, I should probably mention that I doubled the recipe. So all those yummy ribs on the pan are 2 times what you would normally cook.

[BrookeO] said...

Where do you find the time!!!! Good thing i don't post "whats for dinner at the oldroyds!!!" It looks delic, next time you make it let me know and I will send the hubby on over!!
I have to comment about your dishes to, I love'em!

Kristin and Jay said...

yum! I haven't had a good rack of ribs in a long time! Usually they are dry and overcooked. I will definitely have to try this one out! And what the heck in Blokus? Is a British game? hah, j/k I must have the Bachelor on my mind. Hooray!!! Robin is outta here! Did you see her face? PRICELESS!! Oh, I hope you didn't like her =)

Norris Fam said...

Take my word for it they are yummy!!! Amy, you can cook for us any time and next time I will remember the m&m's for the caramel corn.

I'm hungry just thinkin' about it!

Jelina said...

Ok...that looks good. I'm definitely going to have to try it!

LinkWithin