Tuesday, April 15, 2008

[TUESDAY'S TALLY]

So, last week my dear friend Kristin announced that she was going back on Weight Watchers to lose a few pounds before her cruise and issued a challenge to all of us to keep track of our own weight loss progress right along with her.

Well, I have to admit that it took me a week to get to this point. At first I thought...yes, I am totally going to do that along with her and post my results on my blog, but then....well, then I am accountable to all of you. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I was seriously stressing about it. I am the queen of starting something with fabulous intentions, and then....when it gets hard....I quit. You must all now know that this is not an easy thing for me to admit. I am a bit more prideful than I should be! :) However, it is time for me to face the music! And so, thank you Kristin! I will be joining you and any others that would also like to participate in what I have now dubbed "Tuesday's Tally". Each Tuesday I will weigh in, and no, you don't need to know just how much that number is....but I will track here, on my blog, for all the world (ok, that is a bit cocky) to see, just how my progress is going. The losses AND the gains (heaven forbid the gains).

I will be counting my points with the best of you! I so love Weight Watchers. I love it because it keeps me on track, but the better the food you eat, the better you feel and the more you get! This is the lesson I am learning this time around. A few years ago I had lost about 25 on it, but I didn't make great choices and ended up cheating, or starving most of the time. I like to think I know better now. I LOVE that I can have an enormous Spinach Salad with lots of beautiful red, orange & yellow peppers, celery, carrots, a sprinkle of dried Cranberries and Raw sunflower seeds for just a couple of points! Plus, I just feel so much better than I did before.

So, off I go! This is my first week, and now the pressure is on (I don't know why the pressure NOW, when last week the thought of being in a swimming suit in a few weeks wasn't...go figure)! I will meet you back here, next week with the results of my first week.
If you want to join us, you can either leave it in comments on my blog or Kristins, OR you can be brave and post it on your own blog, for all to see! :) It can't be that bad really....we are all friends here....right.....right?!

Oh, and maybe I should post monthly pictures of myself. Maybe that would help in the progress. (how many points are there in Humble Pie?) Well, here you go.......
Yeah, I know...predictable! Yes, I was talking on the phone, to Carrie in fact, and Ryan was trying to get me to get off the phone so we could go on our little picnic. This was his tactic...it didn't work. I mean, yes, I did eventually get off the phone, and it wasn't much longer, but I had business (yeah, business...that's right) to tend to, and I needed a minute. :)

9 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

So I thought Ryan was trying to get you off the phone when you were on with me too. So how many people did you end up talking to before he got you out the door =). And I am right there with you. Good name by the way, I couldn't think of anything =) I will be waiting for next weeks tally =)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Ryan is ALWAYS trying to get me off the phone! I swear he FINDS reasons for it. I think it is becoming automatic for him. Plus, it is not that I am always on the phone....NO IT'S NOT, RYAN! :)

Kristin and Jay said...

Ha! You were the first person other than Jay that I had talked to since Wednesday and it was Saturday =)!!! I must have the opposite problem =)

Unknown said...

Well, I'm glad that Ryan yells at you because Kevin's always bugging me about the phone too :)

Great job being accountable! I think the humble pie is zero, so you can eat all you want and never gain a pound!

Jelina said...

Good for you! I'm rooting for you. I'm glad I don't have participate :) I have a pretty good excuse for gaining weight. Give me two months, though, and I'll join y'all.

Jelina said...

Good for you! I'm rooting for you. I'm glad I don't have participate :) I have a pretty good excuse for gaining weight. Give me two months, though, and I'll join y'all.

[BrookeO] said...

I am behind you 100% in this. Hooray for you-I admire you and I know you can do it. I do have to add my 2 cents and say I know you will feel better about everything all around in life, not for what the scale says either. You go girl, I am just getting to know you but I already know you can do anything. WATCH OUT HERE COMES AMY!!!!

Saun and Wes said...

Hi, this is Saundra, I love your blog. It's so fun to see what you guys are up to. I think you will do great on Weight Watchers. I am trying to lose weight right now too and have lost 3 pounds so far.

Those ribs look so so good. I will have to try them out to see if they make my husband happy. I am sure they will!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I know you can. I will do anything to help support you because I am sure I will need some support myself.
I love you Amy!!

LinkWithin