Monday, May 9, 2011

MONDAY'S MENU...RETURNS! Chinese Chicken Salad

Oh ho ho! Aren't you so excited?! Honestly, I am a little bit! It was fun to take a few pics this week of the food we have laying around our place! :)

This one is a TOTAL hit whenever I make it for parties, potlucks, etc. SO YUM! So easy! You have probably tried a variation of it, but I am going to share my recipe....the one I got from my sister in law, Jana. Try it! You will love it!

CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD


Chop and clean 1 small head of green cabbage.

The recipe calls for green onions, but I was out. So I used yellow. Totally worked!

Chop 6 green onions or 1 small yellow onion.


Melt 1/4 c. Butter. Crunch up 1 package dry Oriental Flavored Ramen Noodles and brown in butter. Add Season packet from the Noodles, 1/4 chopped or slivered almonds, 1/4 c. sesame seeds & 2 cans chicken (or 3-4 chicken breasts cubed and cooked....I use the canned. Easier and tastes great!)

After everything is combined, removed from heat and let it cool completely. Once cool, mix with cabbage and onion mixture in large bowl.

For the dressing blend 1/2 c. Oil, 1/4 c. vinegar, 1 T Soy Sauce & 1/2 c. Sugar. Pour over and mix into salad just before serving.


ENJOY!!

No comments:

LinkWithin