Saturday, April 4, 2009

UPS MEN & COMPUTER GEEKS

If there are two people that you have ever been tempted to smooch, it would definately be those two!


Ok, not really, unless you are Bonnie (Married to a computer "geek") or Saundra (married to a UPS guy). Then I am sure that it is appropriate!
For me...well, when my hubby took my computer, after last Sunday's trauma, to the computer shop, they pretty much told him there was NO CHANCE we were getting anything back. Ryan asked them to try just for fun.


WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! HP hid my files under a different code and they were able to find them all....ALL OF THEM! Oh lawsy, how I love that they did! I have spent the last couple of days trying to figure out where each thing was hidden and restoring it. It gives me a great opportunity to organize my files AND to find all of the things I am SO glad I still have! Pictures were the biggest deal of all. So, I thought I would post a few of my faves!


So, Jake looks the EXACT same now as he did when he was 5. Just a bigger version. MAN, has he grown up!


He was SO proud of himself when Dad taught him to mow the lawn! We have been spoiled for the last couple of years with a landscaping company. However, we are moving (more details to come. No worries it is just around the corner from here) and we will have like ACRES of grass to mow! I will have to show this pic to Jake and remind him of how much he loved this job! :)


When we lived in Twin Falls we had a swimming pool at the clubhouse of where we lived. SO FUN! I was brave enough to take a very little Mal, Daws & Jake out for a few hours.


Honestly...COULD SHE GET ANY CUTER?!

Oh, yes, yes she can! Ok, I am officially baby hungry! How could I NOT do this all over again?!

WHAT A CHUNK! Our little D was a tub for a while there. It's all in the cheekers! What a cutie! I will NEVER get tired of that smile!


Jake & Ryan went out somewhere together. The kids needed a bath, which is usally a two person job when it comes to getting them back out. However...well, I didn't think about that until they were both IN! I managed AND even snapped a few pics! Mal was all about it, as usual, Dawson was extremely unsure of the situation. She wrapped her little arm around his and he settled right in. What a good sissy!

And this....well, I thought about this right after I found out that everything was gone. It made my heart hurt! The babies were about 7 months or so. Dawson got home from the hospital just a day or two before, of course we were Life Flighted back within another day, but well, let's just not go there.

Mal was really enjoying Dawson. She was so curious about him. She had just Dad & Jake for almost 5 months by this time. Then Mom showed up with ANOTHER baby. They didn't ever spend time together in the hospital, in fact, most of the time they were in seperate hospitals. It was amazing to see their connection as soon as we brought him home.

Mal had mastered (after much physical therapy) the art of soothing herself, a.k.a. sucking on her own fist. Dawson hadn't figured that out and she seemed to sence he needed the help. After sucking her own fist and watching him fuss she decided to take matters into her own hands. She grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him toward her, held him in place and popped her little fist right in his mouth! See....

That was a priceless moment. She was so serious about it. I was actually kind of struck with the thought of women being born with the nature of nurturing all ready ingrained in them. I think Mal proved that!

Now, as if that wasn't enough, the biggest and best part of recovering everything was this....Actual video of Mal trying to help him. I have watched this at least 5 times in the last 10 min. Can I just say I would have twins again in a SECOND?! It is amazing. There is nothing like it! Oh, did I say I was baby hungry...I meant baby STARVING! I love being a Mom!

(You are going to want to pause the music so you can hear the breathing. TOO FUNNY!)

17 comments:

Kara said...

So are you buying a house.Details please!

Norris Fam said...

We should start a "baby starving mom's club". We can be co-presidents. I tell ya...as soon as my hubby makes some money I'm going to get me a baby somehow, somewhere. Mark my words!

Richins Family said...

amy your kids are so dang cute! I think the twins look just like you! that video is precious!

Kristin and Jay said...

So cute! I love how he was just lickin those lips trying to find the nummy thing he was just sucking on. He was such a little chub! I love it!

Gear Gang said...

That even makes me baby hungry and I have Carter- Who I am guessing is about that age right now. Oh my goodness! what adorable little stinks. Look how chubby they were, Its fun to watch them grow and loose all that baby chub!

MyR said...

YEAH for computer geeks!!! I'm so glad you got everything back so we could enjoy a little of it. So cute!

Just Us said...

I am so glad the computer geek was able to find all those pictures for you.
How could you not be baby hungry looking at those pictures of your babies. So cute!

Lombardo Family said...

Hooray! I'm so GLAD you got all your pictures back. I'm sure the tears of joy out poured the sad tears. I have so much blogging to catch up on. The two twinners are ADORABLE!!!!!

Lombardo Family said...

Hooray! I'm so GLAD you got all your pictures back. I'm sure the tears of joy out poured the sad tears. I have so much blogging to catch up on. The two twinners are ADORABLE!!!!!

Tana said...

The picture of the babies is sooooo precious. It makes my heart hurt.

In a good way.

Lindsey said...

Those are the greatest pictures!!! The one with the twins in the tub also breaks my heart (but in a good way, too)! They are all three so dang cute!

Hardy Party said...

Oh Amy... we are so glad you got all your pictures back. I wouldn't think a restore would delete your files.. YEA!!! What a sadness it would have been to lose these beautiful pictures and videos forever.

Love you,
Dad& Sondi

Saun and Wes said...

Amy, you just made my day! UPS guys huh, you want to smooch with? Nice. How flattering! We are glad you got your pics back. That is one thing that is impossible to replace. Hope you are well. You have a cute family. We miss you guys.

Saun and Wes said...

P.S. Does Ryan know about these fantasies you have?

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

HA! Nice! Everyone knows that it is exciting whenever the UPS man comes! Not because of HIM, although I am SURE you are the best lookin out there Wes, it is because of the gifts he brings!

And the smooch would just be on the cheek, of course! :) You kill me!! :)

christa said...

I just nibbled on my computer screen---how can you not chew (just a bit) on those yummy little babes!!

Jasmine said...

ok!! so darn precious! i have never seen these pics of those cute twins. How the time flys by. Noah just about crawls. so close. anyday now, i can't believe it!!! Give your sweet kiddos hugs and kisses from me!!!

LinkWithin