Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One more than I am done....I PROMISE!

While I was going through old wedding photos I found these....

Sept. 13, 1980something, I kissed my Dad on his cheek when he married my Mom*.
Years later we got to recreate this moment on my wedding day. These pictures are priceless to me! I love them! I love my Dad. He is a good man and I am grateful that he is mine!

*I just so happen to have 2 dads. I have posted about this before. I was pretty young when my Dad married my Mom. He contributed a great deal to who I am today. Thus the title is shared.

On a side note, this year at Christmas Jake finally asked the question about why I call two guys Dad. It was after leaving my Grandma Hardy's house. I had just given my other Dad a big squeeze. So I explained by asking him how much he loves HIS daddy. He told me a lot, I can't blame him. Then I told him about how my Mom was married to Grandpa Hardy. They were really young and it didn't work out. Then Grandma married Grandpa Salisbury. Because of this I have two Dads. Both of whom I love very much and both love me very much. Not always ideal, but blessed in the end.

I also couldn't help but mention HIS benefits...he has 3 living grandpa's and our sweet J.P. that passed 3 years ago, on Ryan's side and SIX living on my side (one he hasn't met). That's a lot of grandpa's. Which would be why this picture would be so important:

Great -Grandpa Atkinson, Grandpa Lindstrom, Grandpa Salisbury, Great-Grandpa Salisbury, Great-Grandpa Reynolds & Great-Grandpa Hardy. Not Pictured: Grandpa Hardy, Great Grandpa Bowen & Great Grandpa Lindstrom (J.P)

7 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Wow that is one amazing picture! I'm sure there's a lot of love coming from those "wise men" straight to your little man!

~Tiffany~ said...

I love your wedding pictures they are so cute! Ryan sure is one lucky guy to have swooped you off your feet! Happy Anniversary!!

Kristin and Jay said...

Ahhhhhh! I love how in the little one your little eye is peeking around, it kinda looks like you are trying to see if we're looking =)

Tana said...

Jake is a lucky boy to have so many Grandpas!

Beck Family said...

I loved looking at your wedding pitures,they were so pretty. You guys are both lucky to have each other, a perfect match!!!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Happy late anniversary. Congrats on 11 years. love your wedding photos. How fun to have so many grandpas!

Hardy Party said...

Dear Amy,

I'm very lucky to have you as a daughter. You have grown so wise, and you are very loved.

Love, Dad

LinkWithin