Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One more than I am done....I PROMISE!

While I was going through old wedding photos I found these....

Sept. 13, 1980something, I kissed my Dad on his cheek when he married my Mom*.
Years later we got to recreate this moment on my wedding day. These pictures are priceless to me! I love them! I love my Dad. He is a good man and I am grateful that he is mine!

*I just so happen to have 2 dads. I have posted about this before. I was pretty young when my Dad married my Mom. He contributed a great deal to who I am today. Thus the title is shared.

On a side note, this year at Christmas Jake finally asked the question about why I call two guys Dad. It was after leaving my Grandma Hardy's house. I had just given my other Dad a big squeeze. So I explained by asking him how much he loves HIS daddy. He told me a lot, I can't blame him. Then I told him about how my Mom was married to Grandpa Hardy. They were really young and it didn't work out. Then Grandma married Grandpa Salisbury. Because of this I have two Dads. Both of whom I love very much and both love me very much. Not always ideal, but blessed in the end.

I also couldn't help but mention HIS benefits...he has 3 living grandpa's and our sweet J.P. that passed 3 years ago, on Ryan's side and SIX living on my side (one he hasn't met). That's a lot of grandpa's. Which would be why this picture would be so important:

Great -Grandpa Atkinson, Grandpa Lindstrom, Grandpa Salisbury, Great-Grandpa Salisbury, Great-Grandpa Reynolds & Great-Grandpa Hardy. Not Pictured: Grandpa Hardy, Great Grandpa Bowen & Great Grandpa Lindstrom (J.P)

7 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Wow that is one amazing picture! I'm sure there's a lot of love coming from those "wise men" straight to your little man!

~Tiffany~ said...

I love your wedding pictures they are so cute! Ryan sure is one lucky guy to have swooped you off your feet! Happy Anniversary!!

Kristin and Jay said...

Ahhhhhh! I love how in the little one your little eye is peeking around, it kinda looks like you are trying to see if we're looking =)

Tana said...

Jake is a lucky boy to have so many Grandpas!

Beck Family said...

I loved looking at your wedding pitures,they were so pretty. You guys are both lucky to have each other, a perfect match!!!

Dre + Drew - Southern Living - Georgia said...

Happy late anniversary. Congrats on 11 years. love your wedding photos. How fun to have so many grandpas!

Hardy Party said...

Dear Amy,

I'm very lucky to have you as a daughter. You have grown so wise, and you are very loved.

Love, Dad

LinkWithin