Thursday, September 4, 2008

D-Man HOME FROM SCHOOL

OK, so let me give you a break down of how all of this works. Because Mal & D were born so early, AND have developmental delays and issues, they have been, up until a week ago, part of the Infant Toddler Early Intervention Program. Once kids that are in the program hit 3 years old they are taken into the next stage, which includes the Developmental Preschool, etc.

I just have to mention here that we are SO BLESSED to live in this area! Blaine County offers one of the best programs available! They are simply amazing! They work with us constantly to make sure that the kids are getting EXACTLY what they need. Another bonus...not only do I get a few free hours (HALLELUJAH), I am also freed from a few appointments. Dawson has Vision, Feeding, Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapists that we have been balancing appointments with. Mallory has a Developmental & Physical Therapist that we also work in. NOW...their therapist are at school with them all the time. They get their therapy, plus more than normal AND I don't have to schedule them in with us anymore! YAY! SO MUCH FREE TIME! Dawson DOES have a physical therapist in Twin Falls that I will take him to every Friday while Mal is in school. Ry and I are trying to figure out a way to make that trip also include a trip to the temple each week! I LOVE HAVING A TEMPLE NEAR BY! That would be great! It takes about an hour and a half, from my house, to get to Twin so packing as much into one trip as possible is ALWAYS a plus!

So far Mal and Daws are doing REALLY great with school. Mal is getting a LOT of structure. The teachers there get a HUGE kick out of her when she tells them that she will participate with them in just "20 minutes". I don't know where she comes up with this stuff! She is so funny! She is giving up her stubborness, but not without a fight!

Dawson is just about as happy as he can be when he comes home from school. He is always smiling when I pull him off the bus and he is excited to hear my voice!

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but Mal goes with D to school at Developmental Preschool MON & TUES. Then she goes to Head Start on THURS & FRI. Wednesdays are spent at home playing with me. D goes to DP MON-THURS and spends Friday's with me in Twin. FUN!

So, now that you have suffered through all of the boring details let me reward you with just a minute of PURE SWEETNESS from my little D-Man! Can I just tell you...THIS BOY LOVES HIS MAMA! I love that I know that! He can't tell me, but I know it! This kid is an absolute blessing in my life! I know that there are so many different reasons he has been sent here, AND allowed to stay with us. I know that one of those reasons is for me....for SO many things! Anyway...on with the show.....

12 comments:

Lombardo Family said...

What an amazing mom you are Amy! And Dawson has about the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a human being. Love it! What a special boy.

Candise said...

What a cutie. I'd just love to kiss those cheeks!

atki family said...

Amy! He is so darn cute!! Enjoy this time They grow up to fast. You are a great Mom. Enjoy the free time.

Kara said...

That is so cute. He has the cutest cheeks and eye lashes. You can tell he was concentrating so hard to do those kisses. What a little sweetie!

Kristin and Jay said...

He is so darn cute! You are the perfect mommy for that special little man....he was definitely meant to come to you guys. And I am glad he did so we can have him be a part of our lives too! I love how his little face gets all serious when he's giving you smooches. I just want to kiss his cheeks!

Brenda B said...

Such cute kisses! I love that smile!

Salisbury Family said...

What an amazing mom and boy!!

Norris Fam said...

I can't believe how much he looks like Mal when he smiles! He is SOOOOO lucky to have YOU for his Mama!

Unknown said...

I was going to comment on the lashes too... what a cutie! And that kiss is too cute!

[BrookeO] said...

Thanks for sharing that. My heart melts.

Anonymous said...

I love and miss that little man. You are such a good mom, I look up to you so much. I love you.

breeze said...

Amy, that was the sweetest thing. He is such a cutie! I still can't believe everything you have gone through. You are amazing! It is so fun to see pictures of your family. Brei

LinkWithin