Tuesday, June 10, 2008

[TUESDAY'S TALLY]

Oh yeah! I haven't gotten to this for a couple of weeks. Summer is turning out to be WAY busier than I thought it would be! We have been out of the house all day for the last two Tuesday's. Plus, well, it hasn't been such a positive thing. Let me explain.

See, I have PCOS, which most of you know. It is short for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. It causes MANY unpleasantries, not the least of which is weight gain. UGH! It is frustrating and makes losing weight A LOT harder, but I know it is do-able. The good thing in all of this is that other than having extra weight I am in relatively good shape, in fact my old personal trainer used to tell me that I was abnormally strong...which I am, so don't mess! :) Last summer I had no problem running 3 miles without stopping, so that is all good. It is just the dang scale that makes me crazy!

Why am I telling you all of this (WAIT, why AM I telling you this? Oh well!)? Well, this last week I realized that it is MUCH better for me to track measurements than weight! See, I had lost and was doing really well, then without changing ANYTHING, still exercising and eating carefully, I suddenly gained 6 pounds! YIKES! Right back to where I started! It is totally discouraging. However, because of my dear friend Jeni :) I have started including measurements in my tracking. So, I was still weighing and lost 7 pounds & 11 inches! YAY! Then I gained 5 lbs (in one day! LOVIN THAT!) but when I took my measurements I had lost another 2 inches. (OH MAN THIS IS A LOT OF INFO! MY LIFE IS A BOOK, mostly because I can't keep my mouth shut!) So anyway, that is the deal. Because of PCOS my actual weight can fluctuate within 10 lbs in just days, without any changes on my part. It is frustrating, but I will deal! So, from here on out I will be reporting inches lost weekly and maybe weight monthly, because frankly the scale can be a bit discouraging.

Now there may be many of you shaking your heads and saying, "Wow, I can't believe she just put all of that on her blog for all of us to read!" Yep, me neither! Oh well, it's out there now! I do have to say that it is because you are all the greatest friends, seriously! Thanks for all of the support and encouragement! It helps! :)

Oh, and I guess I should also report that I have lost 7 lbs. and 13 inches!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Amy!!
I am here for you all the way!

[BrookeO] said...

You did not just say 13 inches did you?! HOLY MOLEY! I say go celebrate with a frozen hot chocolate from Dairy Queen!
Dang girl!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh my heck Brooke! That just made me laugh! Of course I just got done reading about your apple pie, chocolate cake & diet coke!

One day, my friend, one day we will meet in person and I am sure it will be a glorious!

Can I just say a big thank you to Carrie! Man, I am glad you convinced me to stalk Brooke! She IS fun!

Brenda B said...

Way to go Amy!!! That is awesome!

Kellsy said...

My last week at the y as in i put my two weeks in...

My interpreting thing has become my main priotorty right now... I ahve like 15 plus clients and am starting a summer work program for teens at ISDB... plus there was a bunch of the stuff that the Y was doing that wasnt right and i refuse to be a part of it...

Let me know when i can come see you guys! I got a new car that isnt a death trap so road trips are on my agenda!!

Congrats on losing weight and inches! Going by measurments is the way to go... i gave up on pounds and now go by how my clothes fit... its easier on my self esteem!

I love you lots and hope you hear and see from you soon!

Love always and Forever
Kellsy Kaye

LinkWithin