Tuesday, April 22, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} Sesame Steaks

I just couldn't resist cooking these puppies up for Ty & Suzi when they were here last weekend. Most of us have really been missing summer lately, and nothing says summer quite like a BBQ! (Although we weren't able to BBQ these, I am not sure if it was the snow on the back deck or the 12 diameter BBQ-er that stopped us from cooking all of these babies outside.)
So, I just got back from a LOVELY weekend in Utah. Lovely because of Ty & Suzi's wedding and because I spent the whole weekend driving around with A/C and in shorts!! YES SHORTS! That is hard to believe right now because it is only 32 degrees, oh well, most of my snow is gone and that is pleasant....HEY should we get back to the recipe...I THINK SO!

SESAME STEAKSThe best marinade EVER!

INGREDIENTS:½ c. Soy Sauce
2 T olive oil
2 tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 T brown Sugar
2 T sesame seeds
2 tsp. lemon juice
4 T-Bone (or other cuts) Steaks


DIRECTIONS:
1.
In a large re-sealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, oil, seeds, onion powder, lemon juice, & ginger; mix well.
2.Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3.Drain and discard marinade.
4.Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 min. on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.

Obviously I doubled my recipe. I also used Top Sirloin, although I do have to say, not as good as a good tender good cut of steak. Ribeye or T-Bone are the most flavorful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kara said...

Thanks again for what looks like another yummy recipe which i will be trying this week since our barbecuer is free of snow.

LinkWithin