Thursday, November 10, 2005

WOW, I AM TIRED!

HA, How funny! I seem to have forgotten about the whole baby no sleeping thing :) I mean, I knew it was coming, but I seem to have forgotten all about how they will stay awake for awhile during the night then cry if you even think about laying them down. Oh well, we survived. It seems to be quite an adjustment for both of us. Curious little Mallory has to be awake as much as possible to take in the scenery at Clint and Abby's house. She is awake A LOT! Last night she was wide awake from 8-2am. Then she woke up again at about 5:15am, then fell back to sleep at 6:15am. Then she managed to sleep all the way til 10am.
She is trying to get used to dark and colored walls and no beeping machines. She is adjusting pretty good!

Dawson is struggling a little bit. Yesterday he got quite sick. He developed what they thought was Sepsis. This means that there is a bacteria in the blood. It makes them quite sick. They have run a lot of tests on him to see what could be effected and everything is coming back negative. They think that his block in his bowel is causing the problem. They are hoping that the bacteria in his blood, which runs through his heart, is not going to leech onto the catherter and go up into his shunt in his brain. That would be bad! So far they don't think that it is an infection caused by the shunt, that is good. He is just a sick little boy and hopefully he will start feeling better very soon. I don't know if they will do the surgery tomorrow or not. We will have to see. They might wait until Monday when the infection has been treated a little bit longer. We will just keep praying for him. My little sweetie! It has broke my heart to leave him at the hospital. I can't wait until he comes home too. These babies have been so programmed to pain. I went to clip Mallory's fingernails and she screamed, she thought I was holding her hand down to place and IV and was fighting with all she had. I stopped and waited until she was asleep.

It has been really fun for us to have Mallory home. We can't wait to have them both home. It is probably really good that we have them one at a time, because it is a hard adjustment for them and it will be good to figure out Mallory's schedule first.

We love you all, thanks for you prayers. Please continue to pray for Dawson!

Love, The Lindstrom Clan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aim,

I just finished reading the latest post about Dawson and I felt my heart breaking for him. I didnt know what else to do so I prayed for him. And I just wanted to let you know that I recieved the same feeling I did before. Dawson will be okay, he will be okay.

I love you guys,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

We're so excited about Mallory going home.. Sydney told the lady cutting fabric at WalMart all about it yesterday :) We are still keeping Dawson in our prayers... Lisa's right, he'll be fine! He just needs a little extra time!

The pictures look great... too bad I already finished the EQ movie because that picture of Ryan would have totally made it in!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I keep thinking about the last time he got sick and you told me about your feeling of him getting stronger because of the sickness. Yesterday I felt the same thing. For some reason Dawson gets really sick before any major surgery that they do on him. We all worry about it, thinking that he can't handle the surgery, but I think that the opposite is actually happening. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and I have to remember that anything that happens to him is what needs to happen, otherwise the Lord wouldn't allow it to happen. Dawson gets strengthened when he is sick. His little body fights so hard when he is sick so he goes into surgery kicking and screaming.

It is hard to watch him be so tired and in so much pain, but through Priesthood blessings, we know that it is all for a purpose. This little boy of ours is someone totally amazing! Ryan and I are so blessed. We stand there and stare at this boy, wondering who he is! He has a lot of work to do here on the earth for the Lord and somehow this all plays into it.

One of the other reasons for him getting sick is for us. Everyone of us prays a little harder and excercises a bit more faith when this happens. The Lord is trying to teach us ALL something. This isn't just for us, it is for everyone that knows about these kids! They are going through this for everyone! We are just so blessed that Heavenly Father gives us experiences like this, so that we can get to know Him more and remember how much He loves us and is mindful of us. He wants us to be like this everyday, not just when we go through difficulty. We need to rely on Him everyday, all the time! I think that is one of the many lessons I have learned throughout this whole thing! We have to try to always do everything he has asked us to do, then He will bless our lives beyond anything you can dream of!

I love you Lees, and I am so thankful for all of your faith during this whole thing. It is your faith and everyone elses that makes mine stronger, and helps me get through this!

Love, Amy

LinkWithin