Monday, November 7, 2005

Another bump in the road home.

Well, today I got some news I didn't want to hear. Last night in the night Dawson stopped digesting his food. They are wondering if he has another block. They stopped feeding him and gave him an IV. Poor baby! This afternoon I went with him to have a Barium Enima. This is where they take barium, which is a clear fluid that shows up on x ray. Then they put it in his bum and watch on the screen for a point where it stops.

They found that at about the same spot that they did the surgery this last time there is a little bit of a restiction causing a back up into his small intestines and not allowing anything to go into his colon. The plan is to talk to Dr. Meyers, the head of surgery and the one that did his previous surgery and see what she thinks. Everyone has told me to plan on surgery again tomorrow. They will most likely have to go in and cut out the scarred part and then put him back together again. I think that this puts him out another week and a half to two weeks. Then he should go home. I should know more about this tomorrow and I will let you know. I do know that we have an amazing little boy. I don't know how we got so blessed. Through yet another Priesthood blessing we have been comforted and reminded of this babies potential and the plan that his Heavenly Father has for his life. He has and will bless the lives of many people we are sure! We do not worry about his recovery, we know it will be whole. All we have to do is trust the Lord. Dawson is his son and he loves him and he is going through all he is for a special purpose. What an amazing little boy!

Mallory past her car seat test today. She had to sit in her car seat for 3 1/2 hours without freaking out. This is how long it takes us to get home and they just want to make sure she will make it. Of course as soon as we put her in she was waiting for an adventure and she was really quite excited about the whole thing. After about 5 min. She thought maybe she needed to eat again. Then before we could get the bottle warmed up she was out like a light and stayed that way the rest of the time. She is such a funny little girl! We are still on for taking her home Friday. We hope that Dawson is ready very soon. I almost can't bare the thought of taking one and leaving the other. I want them both home with us. It will happen soon I am sure!

We love you all. As always please remember them both in your prayers, especially our little Dawson. I will update you tomorrow when I know more.

Love, Amy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heck! They have to pass tests that other newborns would never pass-- 3 1/2 hours in a carseat! I know 8 month olds that can't do that without freaking out! What a good girl! She must have known that this was ridiculous, but essential!

Tell Dawson that we're all pulling for him!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness
I cant even sit still for 3 1/2 hours..
im impressed.
very much impressed.
-Kellsy

Anonymous said...

Kellsy we know you can't sit still for 5 min. :) Thanks for all your love Kells, we sure love ya!

LinkWithin