Friday, September 2, 2005

Even crazier day with one down and one to go.....

Well, this won't be long. I will have to give all of the details later. I am exhausted and we have another long day tomorrow. Last night the surgeon called and said that he wanted to do the bowel surgery on Dawson this morning. He ran through the risks, which are never fun to hear, then told me to be at the hospital in the morning. When I called in the morning to get surgery time Dawson was in radiology getting his CT scan for his head. They decided to do brain and stomache surgery at the same time.

When I got there today we expected to go in pretty quickly. Not so. After holding and comforting my sweet Dawson all day they FINALLY got there at about 5:30pm. Dawson was tired and I think quite sick of feeling sick and hurt. They took him into surgery and he was back out about 3 hrs later. They relieved the pressure in his head, which was really nice for him I am sure. They removed the bottom 1/3 of his bowels, which he will function just fine without, however for now in order for his bowels to heal properly they actually have put an ending of his bowels on the outside of his stomache where he will be able to poop out of. I know this sounds bad but he will only have that for about 6 weeks then they will go back in and put it together the way it is supposed to be. The most important thing is that the pain in his tummy and head from the pressure is now gone and all we have to do is heal. He will be back on feedings in the next couple of days and will be back to normal very soon.

Mallory started out the day great. They actually told us that they were graduating her to either room 3, 4, or 5. About an hour later, however, they called to let me know that they needed my permission to transport her to Primary's. The neuro surgeon was concerned about pressure in her head and wanted it watched also. When she got there they informed me that her surgery for her reservoir in her head is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9 am.

What a crazy day! It has definately been a long one and I was relieved when Ryan and Jake got here at about 6 pm. Tomorrow will probably be long too. But when it is all done tomorrow all we have left is healing and fattening up to go home. Both babies will most likely be sent back to U of U in about a week or so. It is not quite as "hospitally" over there and I am a lot more comfortable. It is also nice that they mostly have the same nurse over at the U and they know the babies very well and take very good care of them. Of course, we could also stay at Primary's--whatever is best for the babies.

Well, I am going to bed I am beat! I will let you all know tomorrow how things went and how our little Dawson is doing.

We love you-Love, The Lindstrom clan

No comments:

LinkWithin