Thursday, September 1, 2005

Crazy day and a new home

Well, all I have to say is that thursdays stink!! First of all I was called this morning and told that Dawson needed to go back over to primary's to have a test done on his bowels. When I got to the hospital we packed him up with Life Flight again and headed over. They put a lot of fluid into his little bowels and took xrays to find where the block is. We found it. He has a large obstruction in his bowels that will most likely need to be surgically removed. They admitted him to Primary's NICU. I hate this. I hate that the babies are in two different spots now! The good thing is that now they can help him with his tummy and his head in the next week. They will have a surgeon come in and look at everything tomorrow and maybe even do the surgery tomorrow. Then after he has recovered from that he will get his reservoir put in. His head grew another CM last night. That is a little to fast for comfort. The great thing about babies is that their skulls are not yet fused. You all have felt soft spots I am sure. There is a lot of room for a babies head to grow without putting pressure on and hurting the brain. Hopefully though this won't be an issue for Dawson for much longer. Poor little guy. By the time he is 5 weeks he will have had heart, brain and stomache surgery. Good thing he is as tough as nails (to quote Dr. Doom).

Mallory is doing great. She has changed so much in the last few days! I can't wait until Ryan sees her. Her skin is pretty much normal now, instead of looking transparent. She looks more like a baby, that is supposed to be born. She is also 3lbs. today! What a chunk. She is storing it all in her cheeks and legs (again another trait she gets from her mom). She is just so pretty. She isn't stingy with smiles and her nurse and I giggle at her all day because of them. She is so cute! They both are! Dawson is our little man and has stolen the hearts of most of the nurses their. He is so darn cute!!

Well, that is the skinny for the day. Not exactly a fun one. It's a good thing that we know they are going to be okay or this would get a little overwhelming! Ryan will be here tomorrow and I can't wait!! I will fill you all in as soon as I know anything else.

Take Care-- Love, Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I wish there was more I could do!!! As usual I think of you and your sweet babies often. Will continue to pray and think positive thoughts!!!! Many people are cheering for you! Love cindy

LinkWithin