Thursday, August 25, 2005

A good ending to a rough day.

Well, I know that the last post I left was a little concerning and overwhelming. I want to let you all know what is going on tonight. Dawson is still sick, although the antibiotics are kicking in and he is feeling better and looks more like himself. The blood tests are not back yet on what caused the infection. They should come in tomorrow. His head is still the same. I think that the good part about the night is what I left today at the hospital.

After much prayer today I have been reaffirmed that the Lord is still in charge, and that He loves us very much. He knew what I needed. When I went to say goodbye to Dawson, after sleeping all day and not waking up for anything, he tried really hard to open his eyes and look at me. That was enough for me. I know that he will be ok, I've just got to be patient and have faith. Then I went to say goodbye to my Mallory. First, Mallory found her voice today and cried for the first time since she was born. She figured it out when they were putting the tubes back in her nose. Then she cried when they measured her belly and when they did her diaper back up. She is so funny. What a cute little sound she makes! We gave her a binki and she was happy. Then, when she settled down, she started to smile. I am not even kidding. I knew it was probably gas, but she just kept doing it. When she would here me laugh she smiled even bigger. I am talking big open mouth and tongue out smiles. They were so cute. The nurses kept coming in to see and couldn't believe it. For about 30 min. we could make her smile. It made my day!!
When I was leaving I thanked my Father in Heaven. That was a gift for me, just like when they cried when they were born although everyone said they wouldn't. I was just reminded that these sweet babies are a gift and a blessing from our Father in Heaven and I am so blessed to be their mommy. I can't believe how much you can love two tiny babies.

Dawson will not have feedings for about a week or more. He is on an IV and that will help him out for awhile. He was weighed today and tips the scale at exactly 3 lbs. What a big boy! He will probably be taken off the ventilator tomorrow or the next day. Mallory is now up to 13 MLs on her feedings and is doing well. She should be off of CPAP and on a cannula tomorrow or the next day too. We should also find out about her head ultrasound tomorrow. I will let you know.

Thanks everyone for you support. We appreciate it so much. I can't even tell you what it means to me on days like this!! I love the comments and appreciate all of the advice and love and support shared there, you all are the greatest!!

Love, AMY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what a smile can do at the end of a long day! Some one told me 'that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. All I can say Amy is that you are one strong lady!!!!! Your babies are amazing, hang in there. We love you, shed tears of joy and concern with you and pray for you! Take care!!!
The harris faminly

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Thanks so much for all of your love and support! You give me so much strength. I appreciate knowing that you all are praying for us. In moments of weakness I realize that I am not alone, as far as faith and prayer goes. I know that these babies are in the prayers of people that we love so often. What a blessing and comfort!!
Thanks again for all of your comments!!
Love, Amy

LinkWithin