Monday, May 23, 2011

MONDAY'S MENU {Beets, Rutabagas & Broccoli, OH MY!}


Have you ever tried rutabagas? If you are like most you just said, "What the heck is a rutabaga?"

It is divine, is what it is!

A friend of mine made this little mixture for me one day. It is DELISH! You should totally give it a shot!
The broccoli....have you ever roasted it? I think I could eat it every single day!

Let me give you the run down.......


BEETS & RUTABAGAS

Cut into cubes, as many of each as you would like. Sprinkle with Olive Oil, Pepper & Salt. Mix around in a casserole dish, until well coated. Bake at 400 degrees until they are soft (like a baked potato).


BAKED BROCCOLI

Cut Broccoli into long strips (using the stem, my favorite part), sprinkle with olive oil, pepper and salt. Mix around until coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Bake at 400 degrees until done.

Easy right? I mean, it totally is, but it is one of my favorite treats!

Not my kids!

Yet again, I have a few of these.....



This time it is my girl that has the trauma.
Dad had to step in to help for this one. She was that freaked out about it. She didn't even try it. Oh my children!


No comments:

LinkWithin