Thursday, September 30, 2010

WAGON HO!

I still can't believe that I lived here for as many years as I did without ever going to the Wagon Days Parade in Ketchum!

Last year was our first time and we LOVED it! I don't even know what it is about it. Maybe the hilarious Ketchum folk, with a bit too much to drink before noon! Not so good, but seriously, they cheer for EVERYTHING! The Sun Valley hockey team on pooper scooper duty especially! :)

Everyone is in such a great mood. It is a great, tight-knit and very laid back community. We have a lot of fun here! And we all love fun!


The Wagon Days Parade is the biggest non-motorized parade in the U.S. and the finally NEVER disappoints! This wagon train is pulled by about 20 Mules...maybe it is more. I didn't count....Ryan did! He counted the horses throughout the whole parade. I believe the last count was 194!

This is a tradition that we are sure to keep! I think when we no longer live in this Valley, we will always make it a point to come back for Wagon Days!

1 comment:

Mikki said...

I just had to pop over and say Hi!. I read your comment on Mormon Mommy Blogs this morning and was so very moved. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful experience. I absolutely believe your dream was a precious gift from our loving Father in Heaven.
Now that I've stopped by, I'm going to have to come back and visit.

LinkWithin