Saturday, March 21, 2009

TURNING IT OVER....

(Twin Falls LDS Temple)

Today I ran across one of my favorite quotes. My favorite because I believe it. I KNOW it. The friends, the happiness, the success, THE PEACE....it is beyond me. I cannot achieve these things on my own, but with the Lord, the joy of it all is beyond description!



"Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life.”


-Ezra Taft Benson


Today I am pondering what it means to really "turn their lives over to God". Turning over to me, means a complete surrender...not surrender in a weak way, but in a way that involves much strength and faith.


Have I done it...I would like to say yes, and yet I know my weaknesses & selfishness better than anyone else. However, I am a work in progress. Today I feel more drive to not let the days slip by one after another without taking the time to strengthen my testimony and renew my commitment to the Lord. I am a better wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, etc. when I do this.

I am a better me.


This morning I was tired and not looking forward to my trip to Twin Falls tonight. Now, I am grateful for the opportunity we have to go and clean in the temple. I look forward to the quiet of just a few of us in the Lord's house. Time to think. Time to be grateful. Time to pray. Right now, nothing sounds better.

1 comment:

Norris Fam said...

What a great quote, thanks for sharing. I wish I could have gone with you to clean the temple (& eat at Applebees).

LinkWithin