Wednesday, September 3, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} Super Granola Mix

I LOVE making my own granola! It is just one of those things that make me smile! This is a super good recipe. It is PACKED with fiber and DELISH! It comes from "Original Fast Foods", a GREAT recipe source for whole foods. LOVE IT!

SUPER GRANOLA MIX

INGREDIENTS:1/2 c. Whole wheat flour
4 c. regular rolled oats
2 c. wheat germ (optional)
1 c. each, almonds, pecans, walnuts, raisins, coconut, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds (all should be raw)
2 tsp. vanilla
2-4 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
1-2 tsp. nutmeg (to taste)
1/2 c. Olive Oil
1 c. Honey

DIRECTIONS:Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Spread onto large baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir every 5-8 minutes while baking. Cool and then store in airtight container. Serve with milk, nut milk, yogurt or eat plain. This is an awesome trail mix or breakfast cereal!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let everyone know how good this truly is. I ate it all weekend and loved it! It is great with milk as a cereal or as a topping on vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Salisbury Family said...

OHhhhh...I was just watching good things utah, and they had a homemade granola on...then I see this...I think this is a sign...."ABBY MAKE GRANOLA" let
s see if I can follow through on that!!!
Thanks for the continual inspiration!

LinkWithin