Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a little {LOVE} for the teachers

I don't know how many teachers out there REALLY get what an impact they can make! For the last two years Jake has had a run of bad luck. Teacher #1 LOVED to yell! Teacher #2...well, let's just say not so organized and the kids spent A LOT of time with their heads on the desk because "teacher had a headache". Sad I know! This year we were DESPERATE! 3rd grade was pivotal for Ryan and I {and not in the right direction}. We SO wanted a teacher that would make the right kind of difference......enter Mrs. Sherer!

Mrs. Sherer is Jake's teacher this year and we couldn't be more happy...ALL OF US! On Saturday, while Jake and I were cheering for Drew in his football game, Mrs. Sherer comes walking up. She just thought she would hang out for the day and watch any of her kids that might be playing. She asked Jake when his first soccer game would be. We have no doubt that she will make an appearance at some point!

So, the REAL inspiration for this post came down the stairs in Jake's hand just a little bit ago. I wanted to scan it in, but you wouldn't be able to read the words because they would be too small. Jake gave me permission to type it out here. He wrote a story about Mrs. Sherer, complete with hearts drawn in all down the sides of it. His plan...he is going to give it to her tomorrow. I am quite certain it will make her day. Here it is (his spelling and all).....

"By Jakob. Once apon a time there was a teacher, her name was Mrs. Sherer she was a very nice teacher. She was the best teacher I have ever had. She was very smart infact she was so smart mabey some of her smartnes wouled rub off on me. (HOW CUTE IS THAT?!) When I came to school on my first day she helped me on my speling test. I could not do any of this intel I was here in therd grade. The next day of school at snak time I didn't bring a snak. I toled Mrs. Sherer and she gave me my faveorit food water melen. I said thank you she just smiled I smiled back and I whent back to my desck. She toled evrywon what to do and when she walked past me she smiled. I smiled back agen and in that year I lernd so much that I never neaded help agen. Thee end."

Sending your kids off to school and knowing that they have a teacher that makes them feel important and smart is SUCH a blessing!

9 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Is that Mrs. Sherer...like the librarian from the 2nd ward???

It sorta sounds like he has a little crush on her...or maybe he is just enjoying a little kindness at school and he is in shock!

Jess said...

Oh that is the best and so true about the impact of teachers make.

Kristin and Jay said...

Maybe some of that smartness can rub off on me too! That is seriously cute. I was so lucky not to have a "bad" teacher until probably Jr. High! We definitely need more teachers out there. And for Carrie's comment, I hope it's not the librarian from the 2nd ward. She's kinda cranky =)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

No, it isn't the librarian, although she is about the same age. Sis. Shears help outside with recess, but it isn't her.

:)

Just Us said...

That is so cute. It is such a relief knowing your children have good teachers. Sammi's 1st grade teacher was like that. She came to her soccer games and her dance recitals. I had some good teachers but none of them ever came to support me in anything outside of school. Sam and I will always remember her because of that.

Cindy said...

I will be forever grateful for Miss Kunz, Mr. Riggs, Mrs Langford, Miss Nelson etc. These teachers were positve, loved my child for a short time each day and truely made a difference in their life. A simple thank you didn't seem enough!

Anonymous said...

That is so darn cute. Teachers are so important. We are so glad Jake finally has one he likes..

Love Dad and Sondi

Sarahp said...

AAAawww, that is so sweet. Just smiling and being kind to kids is all we have to do and they are so willing to just love us so much so easily. Aren't kids amazing. Your boy sounds like an awesome kid. I passed your note on to Stacey so hopefully you'll get a blog invite soon! I love checking in on your blog now and again. You guys are inspiring.

Megan said...

As the wife of a teacher I always love to hear when parents and students appreciate all they do. Jake's "story" is adorable.

LinkWithin