Monday, August 4, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} S'MORES

OH BABY OH!!
I just have to say a big thank you to the Norris's for setting up our back deck with a fire pit, table, BBQ & flower pots!
The kids didn't let that fire pit sit out there long before calling for S'mores, and so we delivered!

Mmmm! I know you all know how to make these, but if you don't....

Let me show you!
Put a marshmellow on a roasting stick...stick it down near the coals, or heck, flame if you want!
Ask your cute hubby to squat down next to you so you can admire his NICE arms! Oh, how I love those arms! You should all require your hubby's to go be "tinners" for a while so they can have forearms & wrists like these!
Uh hem....sorry, back to the S'mores!
Do you notice how Jake has employed his unsuspecting father to take care of all the dirty work while he plays! Nice Jake!

Mmmm, those are yummy! But don't be like everyone else and chince on the chocolate! That is the best part! There are no two squarers here, my friends! Go for half of the bar! OH YEAH!
Mallory, and her nakedness, enjoyed all of this so much! So did D. He just loves to be outside! Oh, and did I mention that bike was the Norris's also?! Thanks Syd!
Going for another round...notice the slacker/genius kid in the background!
Aww, I just love how much these two love each other!
Just for the record, we are NOT crazy! This girl had "raw" marshmellows. Have I ever told you about my husbands sticky-phobia? Mal will have to wait until a more responsible age to experience the joy of roasted marshmellows...or at least until Dad isn't around! :)
Oh, and just so you all REALLY want to come and visit...this is my yard, in full shade, at 7pm. AND it is only about 75 degrees outside! OH YEAH! While you all, especially the Rideouts & Norris's, are COOKING TO DEATH...we are soakin up the summer "heat"! Summers like this make longer Winter's more bearable!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fun yard! I love just hanging out back and veggin, so fun! Smores sound so good right now I might have to do that for family night!

Megan said...

Hi Amy! I'm glad I found your blog. It's so fun to be able catch up with old high school friends!
And now I'm craving s'mores...

Saun and Wes said...

You guys have a great yard! I love the fire pit-it makes me so jealous. We are the ones in the summer heat where you can't even go out in the evening. Well, actually it's getting better. I also love how you take pictures of your food. I never would think to do that, but I love it! And we would love for you guys to come over sometime when you are in town. It would be really fun to get together.

Brenda B said...

Making s'mores is the best! How fun to have a fire pit in your backyard.

Norris Fam said...

It's a good thing we moved away so you could have all our cool stuff, otherwise you'd be bored to death!

And by the way my girls are COLD half the time, I had to explain to them that there is air-conditioning down here. Not something we're used to!

LinkWithin