Saturday, June 28, 2008

{HAPPY ANNIVERSARY}


This is my little sister Lisa and her husband Ryan. It was their anniversary on the 21st of this month! I am a little behind with this one! Also, the picture is all grainy, but it is the only one I have of them together!

The other day Lisa scared the CRUD out of all of us. My mom called me and told me that Lisa was missing and they had been looking for her and the kids for 3 hours, police and all, and they couldn't find her. She said that Ryan had last heard from her 3 hrs before and she had told him that she needed help, then his battery died. Then she called my mom and Lisa's battery died.

No one could find her. Everyone was driving all of her usual (about 8 mile) walking routes, but no one could find her. I talked to Ryan and he said that she had told him that she needed him to come pick her up because her legs were numb, but I think his phone died before he could find out exactly where she was.

Anyway, needless to say, I was coming out of my skin! These are the moments that living away from my family is TOTALLY overwhelming. My Ryan was out fishing and I called and told him. He went back to his truck, threw his stuff in and headed straight home. We were both thinking about flying me down there. Seriously, it was a scary moment for me! The kids and I were praying like crazy for her safety.

I think I called my Mom every 5 min. asking if they found her. I called my Father In Law, who lives pretty close to the park we know she goes to. He was out driving and looking too. THEN, I called my mom and she said that Lisa was home and fine.

So, this is what happened. Lisa, who is 7 months pregnant, took her 3 kids and went for a walk. She is notorious for her crazy long walks. She had walked for about 3 or 4 hours when her legs started to go numb. So she stopped at a park and let the kids play, called Ryan, then sat and waited. She thought he was on his way. Finally an hour and a half later Ryan hadn't come (he didn't know where she was) so she started to walk again.

On her walk home she was waved down by a construction worker. He was on the phone with Ryan, who had told this guy to watch out for her. He told her that there were a whole lot of people out looking for her, including the police. When she walked up to her house she was met by a lot of people on her front lawn. A lot of WORRIED people.

We were so glad that she was safe. She laughed at all of us, because she knew she was safe, but understood that we didn't and thought the worst. She is funny! Poor Ryan was so worried! He had called hospitals and everything. It was a tense 3 hours for him!

So, we are glad that you are safe Lisa! And hopefully you will take your friend Courtney's advice! Next time your dog wants to get out for a walk, spray him off with a hose and walk around the block! That is good advice!

I love you two! I hope you had a great Anniversary! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a scary story!

Gear Gang said...

Amy,

I thought you were going to let me blog that one. It would have been more like...If Ryan listened better, none of this would have happened.....Just kidding. I too am glad that nothing serious happened and I am extremly thankful to have so many people who love me and are concerned about my well being. I have officially shortned my walks. I have now chosen a walk route that only takes me about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to walk (Sometimes longer if we stop to pet the horses along the way). Oh and I did tell Ryan were my new route is so if there is any more discrepencies it is 100 percent and completely his fault.

Love you,

I hope your birthday was wonderful. Love Lisa

Dae said...

What a goof ball! Lisa is so stinkin' funny! I am really glad she's safe though. It's hard not to let your mind wander, isn't it?

LinkWithin