Thursday, May 15, 2008

**FINALLY**

Have you missed me? :) Well, I am sorry! BUT IT IS DONE! After 2 1/2 days of editing, deleting on accident and doing it again...IT IS DONE!

First of all an ENDLESS THANK YOU to my Mom and Dad & Ryan and Lisa, for being willing to care for, entertain and be entertained by Mal & D! Without you, we couldn't have had this experience with Jakey! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I can't even tell you how fun this vacation was! We had a RIOT! I loved that Jake wanted to ride EVERYTHING! I loved that the lines were very short, if there was a line at all, so that we could ride all of our favorites over and over and over. I LOVED that I got to see a side of my husband that I had never seen, which after 10 years of being married to him, is really saying something! He was a WILD MAN on the rides and I LOVED every minute of it!

Jake had so much fun with his cousins! He had a couple of FAVORITE MOMENTS, one is in the video at the end, one of the others was going on Grizzly Rapids with Me, Ryan, Jared, Tyler and Mason about 4 times in a row, then Dad letting him and Tyler and Mason ride it alone for ANOTHER 4 times! It was fun to watch them get SOAKED! And honestly with NO LINES...how could we pass that up?!

There is honestly a MAGIC about this place! When you are walking down Main Street and you can hear the Disneyland Band playing Zip-i-dee-doo-dah your insides get all giggly and giddy! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Right now would be the perfect time to take a break from your day and for 17 min. sit back and enjoy the magic of Disneyland, it is worth it to see Jake's FAVORITE Jedi moment, there is even video of it! You FOR SURE will want to scroll down and pause my music on the right.

As for all the other posts I have missed, you know, Monday's Menu & Tuesday's Tally....well let's just say that being a single mom this week (Ryan is in St. Louis) has inspired me to advise you to pull out a box of your favorite cereal, pour it in a bowl, add milk....enjoy!

As for the Tally. I gained 1 pound, but we are not going to talk about that....too disappointing! At least we had a lot of fun....which is the perfect segway to get you going on the video! ENJOY!



You want to go now don't you....well, don't forget to invite us! We are game ANYTIME! WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

15 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like tons of fun:) You did a great job with the slide show:)Next time take me with you.

Candise said...

Fun Fun Fun! Looks like everyone had a blast...the kids will remember the fun trip forever! Great video!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

By the way, just a little side note on the whole Jedi thing...

The kids totally had NO IDEA that Vader would show up. You can kind of see that the crowd was quite big, they picked 25 kids out of the group. We were so glad they picked all 3 of our boys! Then they put on their cloaks and got light sabers and they were teaching them how to be a Jedi. THEN the Storm Troopers, you can see from Mason's face as he is getting off the stage that he was a bit nervous about what was going on. :)

The funnest part of all of this is that when you are in Disneyland, to the kids, everything is REALLY REAL! The kids FULLY believed that they were fighting the REAL Darth Mal and Vader!

Jake had some friends over the other day and we showed them the video. It was so funny to see their reaction to watching him fight them. They said, "Dude, can we go out in your yard and you can train us to be Jedi's". Jake being the cool Jedi that he is responded "yeah, I could teach you some things in a training".

They took it so serious, after all, their buddy had just fought the REAL Darth Mal...and WON!

Kristin and Jay said...

Yeah! I am so excited and I didn't even go! I LOVE Disneyland. Jay and I went there a few years ago with no kids and still loved it! And California Adventures makes it even funner! K and Captain Jack Sparrow is just bit creepy by the way =) He looked like maybe he shouldn't be in a Park with a bunch of kids! Okay moving on! Love the pictures and slide show! and love the toothless grin on that blonde little girl. So cute! Also you look mighty skinny in all those pictures! K lets plan a trip soon, no joke!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Kristin- You are funny! There are two different Jack's, one that my cousins saw, who is a DEAD ON Jack Sparrow. The other is the one that we got. Yes, he pales (horribly) in comparison in some ways, but he walked and talked like Jack and that was enough for me!

Unknown said...

That Jack Sparrow was a bit light in the shoes for me :) There's a guy who dresses like that in Bellingham... you know, at the mall and stuff. It always throws my kids, he's pretty good, but not as hot as the real one :) Hot in they way that Steven Tyler and David Bowie are hot-- like, they wear better hair and make-up than me...

Everyone looks like they had fun! And by the way Amy, you look like you've lost some poundage... visual results, that's awesome!

My ears bled a little with your music choice, but really, you GOTTA have the cheesy music, it's part of the experience!

Brenda B said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to take my girls there. I love the roller coaster pictures!! Everyones expression is priceless :) How cool to be able to see Darth Vader and Mal in person......and then be able to fight them!

Norris Fam said...

All the Norris girls watched your video and the second it was done Syd said, "LET's WATCH IT AGAIN!" Very nicely done, that looks like it was a lot of work putting it together, but I'm sure it was totally worth it!

So fun, I'm glad you guys got to go!

Robyn said...

I cant see your pictures, Ill try later, but.. I so love disneyland, there is such a magical feeling about it! I could go every six months or more! Glad you guys had fun!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

That's strange Robyn. I just checked and it worked. Did you click on the little play arrow? Ok, that might have been a dumb question....

Let me know if it doesn't work again! And I am totally with you on the every 6 months OR MORE! Maybe when Brenda Boyd moves to Yuma we will have to visit and then run right over for a little trip! OK BRENDA?!

Saun and Wes said...

You said it! Now I really want to go! Looks like you guys had a blast! I know I am a mom because I actually cried when the kids got to fight Darth Vader and Darth Mal. I thought that was so precious! I would love to go there! Loved the video!

Kellsy said...

OOO that made me so excited for when i go this summer!! All my cali friends think its crazy that i havent been, I'm glad that you guys had a blast!!

-what are you guys doin next Saturday?

Brenda B said...

Love the idea Amy! I'm all for it!!!!

Jelina said...

Amy. Loved it. So glad you guys had so much fun. (We obviously never made it north--decided to wait until the boys are older).

Collin & Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! I want to go now! By the way...you look great Amy!! We really have to get together soon...

LinkWithin