So, I decided that I am going to post a new "favorite recipe of the week" each Monday night. I am really loving cooking right now! I love to create yummy, healthy food that leaves my family satisfied and happy! I will also include Nutritional facts when I can. So here you go....week 1 comes from Bob Greene (Oprah's Trainer). (Thanks Brooke for the inspiration - the little parenthesis up top are for you!)
SALMON WITH MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLESThis was what we had for Sunday dinner this week. So yummy!
* 4 Salmon Fillets, 3/4 inch thick (about 1 lb.)
*2 tsp. Finely grated lemon peel
* 1 T Olive Oil
*3/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
* 1 small Onion, sliced, seperated into rings
* 1 Med. Zucchini, sliced (2 cups)
* 1 sliced red pepper
* 1 small can sliced black olives
*3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
* 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In shallow baking pan, place salmon, skin side down; brush with 1 tsp of the olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the lemon peel and the pepper. Squeeze lemon over each filet. Bake uncovered 15 - 25 min. or until salmon flakes with fork.
2. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, zucchini & red pepper; cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add oregano, olives & remaining lemon peel; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or or until veggies are tender.
4. Serve Salmon with vegetables.
(We also served with Roasted Pinenut Couscous.)
4 Servings. Each serving contains: Calories 220; Total Fat 10g
(Saturated Fat 2.5g); Cholesterol 75 mg; Sodium 110 mg;
Total Carbohydrate 6g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Protein 25g