Friday, March 24, 2006

Short report...

Amy wanted me to put up some info, so I guess I'll give it a shot. I don't pay much attention to details anymore, so I may mislead some of you out there who know more about what's going on than I do. Anyway, we all(less Dawson) got home from my Kidney Biopsy in Boise late Monday night. Amy was ready to head down to Utah with Mallory and Jake early Tuesday morning, however, Jake wasn't ready. A really nasty cough showed up Monday night, thwarting any plans we may have pointlessly made. Tuesday morning Mallory started coughing pretty bad as well, just to seal the deal. So, after a few days of everybody being sick(Jake and Mallory still are), Mom headed down to Utah by herself. The Doctors have adjusted Dawsons shunt 3 times now this trip(I think). Dawson was doing better, but still kinda fussy. They wanted Amy to come back so they could see if his fussiness was due to the shunt, or due to missing Mommy. Well, Amy has been there since yesterday at about 3:00 in the afternoon, and so far the nurses say Dawson is doing about 100% better. Dr. walker says the shunt is maxed out, so if there is any more adjustment necessary, it will require putting in a new shunt down the road a bit. They think Dawson will be okay to go home tomorrow, and Amy actually seems to think he might be as well. We certainly don't want another midnight life-flight trip, but I guess he's doing well enough that Amy thinks we may have made some REAL progress this time. We'll see what Dawson tells us tomorrow.
As for my kidney biopsy, I haven't heard back from the Dr. yet. I'll post as soon as I find out what the deal is.
Well, there's plenty more to say, but not tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for all your support.

Ryan

No comments:

LinkWithin