Sunday, October 9, 2005

Well, today has been a bittersweet day again. Sweet because Mallory is really doing great. She nurses so well now. She just suddenly decided she wanted to. They are now going to start feeding her more orally. They will have me feed her twice during the day then they will give her a bottle at night. We will move pretty quick until all of her feedings are orally and not through her NG (nasal-gastric) tube. She is also becoming quite a spoiled baby. With her brother sick she gets held a lot more and really lets me know she is unhappy when I lay her back down. If I pick her back up she stops crying she is so funny. The nurses are thinking that she might be only about 2-3 weeks before she is ready to go home. That would be hard but at this point I'll deal with it. I just want them home.

Dawson is pretty sick. Poor Boy. I came in today and he is all swollen and full of IVs. I can't hold him anymore for a while and I hate it! They are doing everything that they can for him and watching him really close. Just so you know, I asked the nurse what she would rate him between 1-10 if 10 was horribly sick. She gives him about a 5. He is pretty sick, but is treatable. It is just a matter of giving him what he needs and keeping him from getting anything else. We think his surgery will be moved back a week. He would have gone in this Saturday, but now they are thinking it will be more like next week sometime. Please keep him in your prayers!

I will let you know if I find out anything else!

Love, Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Your babies are so beautiful. I really enjoyed coming up and seeing them. I love them so much

Thank you for letting us come up and see them.

We love you all very much and are praying for you and the babes.

Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lees,

I am so glad you came up today. I really needed it! It was a little hard today to just sit and look at Dawson all swollen and sick and just worry. It was nice to have you to talk to and see for a minute. Plus your kids always make me smile!

Tell Kaitlyn hi and that aunt Amy loves her. Tell her that she can come and see me soon. She is so sweet and it made my day to have her give me loves and want me to come to your house :)

You are a great sister and I am so glad I have you!!

I love ya,
Amy

LinkWithin