Monday, August 22, 2005

These kids are getting boring........boring is good!!

Well I am glad to report that today was a boring day for us. Well not me so much, but this is a nothing really to report post. The most exciting thing that happened medically all day was Mallory got her "billy lights" removed. Both kids are now sunglass free and loving it. They both spent quite a bit of time wide awake today, I loved it!!

Every 2 weeks the babies get their actual bed changed and this was that day for Mallory (technically it was 2 weeks and 1 day, Dawsons was changed yesterday). I happened to be there when they made the change and much to my complete joy I got to hold my precious little girl for about 15 min. I loved it, she didn't know what to think. She calmed down after a minute but she squirmed for the first few. She is so fun!

After the bed change it was time for me to hold Dawson. Well, we cheated and I held him for about 1 hour today! I could seriously sit there all day and hold him! Later tonight when Grandpa and Grandma Atkinson came for a visit I got to hold him again for a minute and he was wide awake. He is so cute when he just looks at you with his little lips all puckered up. Everything that he sees right now is a little fuzzy, but he sure tries hard to focus. Mallory got her first real good look at her vent tubes going into her mouth. They held her attention for a few minutes.

All in all, both babies are great! Mallory's extubation was pushed until tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes and also how the ultrasound results turn out tomorrow. For now all is well!!

More tomorrow!
-Amy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We're so glad that you had a boring day! That's great!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
I heard this morning might not be so boring for you! Give my boy a big fat love for me!

Love- AMY

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Well, I'm afraid we had to cancel play-time today. By the time I finally got up to Sun Valley, I would have had to head back home after about 45 minutes. With 2 hours drive time, that didn't make much sense. Jake really really really really really really wanted to go play with Syd today though. I should have brought him up anyway. Oh well. Does tomorrow morning still work Courtney??? I have to check a few things, but I'm thinking tomorrow.

LinkWithin