Monday, September 12, 2011

MONDAY'S MENU {S'MORES COOKIES}


Oh, are you ever going to LOVE me! :) I was inspired the other day by a recipe I saw on Pinterest. My wheels began to turn and I made up my own, and in my opinion, improved version!

You MUST try these! And, because I love my hubby more than anything else in this whole wide world, and because I like to see a spark of joy in his face, I made these puppies non-dairy, so he could enjoy them with us! I'll give you the dairy version, but I am telling you, non-dairy pure semi-sweet chocolate chips & nucoa, in place of butter, can be a girls best friend! YAY for finding new things to make my Ryan a little bit happier! :)

ENJOY THESE BABIES!

{S'MORE COOKIES}



CREAM TOGETHER:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
SLOWLY ADD (all mixed together, please):
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
STIR IN:
  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup crumbled (coarse, not fine) graham crackers


SPOON ONTO LIGHTLY SPRAYED COOKIE SHEET.
PUSH YOUR THUMB INTO EACH BALL, TO CREATE A WELL IN THE CENTER.



ROAST 1/2 MARSHMALLOW OVER HIGH HEAT BURNER.
Ok now listen, please do not start any fires here. We used skewers for our sticks. It is hotter than ever standing over that little burner! Be careful, for the love of Pete! If you have a gas stove, be extra careful. Gas stoves love to ignite marshmallows into a ball of flame faster than you can blink! Hold it at a distance!
If you find that you would like to have more toasted marshmallow in your cookie, go ahead! Be adventurous and plop one whole toasted pillow of goodness down on those babies. Just remember, they are going to get bigger as you roast them. 1/2 should be plenty, but it is TOTALLY up to you!



NOW CAREFULLY SLIDE THAT TOASTED PERFECTION OFF YOUR SKEWER and ONTO YOUR COOKIE DOUGH!


NOW HEAP ANOTHER BALL OF DOUGH RIGHT UP ON TOP.
These cookies are big! Big and YUMMY!

COOK @ 375 degrees for 8-10 min, or until done.



REMOVE FROM THE OVEN and LET THOSE BABIES JUST SIT FOR A FEW MINUTES. THEN TRANSFER THEM TO A RACK TO COOL WHILE YOU POUR A BIG OLE GLASS OF MILK AND SALIVATE! {Well, now I know I'm not so fond of that word! But honestly, you will anyway...you know, drool...is that any better?}



THESE WERE A MASSIVE MAGICAL HIT AT OUR HOUSE!
You are going to LOVE them!

1 comment:

Just Us said...

Well...I just may have to try those. Thanks alot Amy.

LinkWithin