Monday, August 15, 2011

MONDAY'S MENU {Pizza Puffs}


Oh are you ever going to love this!! This is something my grandma made for my mom when she was little and my mom made for us when we were little! It is a fave....probably because it is so yummy! Not to mention, incredibly simple! Just a few ingredients! Let's get to it, shall we?

PIZZA PUFFS


Brown 1lb of hamburger or turkey burger (we used turkey, tasted fab).


Stir in 1 can of Cambells Tomato SOUP....not sauce, SOUP. Add 1/5 lb (or so) of grated cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add Oregano until you like the way it all tastes together (this is how we roll around here).


Toast English Muffins and place them on a cookie sheet. Heap the burger mixture on top of each muffin 1/2/.


Sprinkle with Parmesan and cook at 350 for about 10 min or so.

Now, this is probably where I shouldn't mention that this meal caused Mallory to go 43 hours without food, but I will! :)

Mallory has tried these before and ABSOLUTELY loved them. However, this time....she was in no mood for trying anything. She was mad. I decided it was time to stand my ground and the battle of wills began. I offered these babies to her for breakfast, lunch & dinner for the next day and 1/2. She still refused. She refused to eat anything! It was not pretty. Dr. Phil said a child would not starve.....HE HAS NEVER MET MALLORY!! She would starve! In fact, at hour 43 she was so depleted and still refusing food, so I told her she had 10 min to decide if she was willing to try the Pizza Puff or if she wanted to go to the hospital and get an IV, because I wasn't about to let her starve. She chose Pizza Puff. OH THAT CHILD! What will I ever do with her?!

That being said, don't take it from Mal, take it from me! These will be a HIT at your house! They are YUMMY!

No comments:

LinkWithin