Tuesday, February 19, 2008

{MONDAY'S MENU} Teriyaki Beef Noodle Bowl

This week has been so crazy, but so fun! My whole family came up to stay with us for the long weekend. That means 23 people all staying at my house! I love it! It is crazy and it is fun and there is so much laughing! I LOVE to laugh!
So, I have tonz and tonz of pics to post and I will get started for tomorrow, but I wanted to check in with the Monday's Recipe, just so you know I am not dead in a ditch somewhere (that is a phrase my mom used to use).
This is a meal that I made on Saturday night for everyone and it was a hit. Easy and fast (if you are not cooking for 23), and good for you!
TERIYAKI BEEF NOODLE BOWL
Ingredients:
8 oz. Multigrain or whole wheat spagetti
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb. boneless chuck steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
1 T finely chopped fresh gingerroot
3 c. broccoli, chopped
2 c. frozen shelled edamame (soy beans)
1/4 c. water
2/3 c. reduced sodium teriyaki sauce (I used roasted garlic teriyaki)
1 c. shredded carrots
6 green onions, thinly sliced

1. Cook spaghetti without salt as directed on package; drain. Place in large serving bowl; toss with 2 tsp. of the oil and the pepper flakes(I know cooking meat...not exactly an appealing picture!)2. Meanwhile, in 12 inch skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat. Add beef and gingerroot; cook, turning frequently, until beef is not longer pink. Add to spaghetti; toss to mix.

3. In the same skillet place broccoli, edamame and water. Cover and cook over meduim-high heat 2 minutes, stirring once.
4. Uncover, add teriyaki sauce, carrots and onions; cook and stir 2 minutes.

5. Add to spaghetti mixture; toss to mix. SO YUMMY!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kara said...

Looks very yummy. I was wondering what happened to the monday recipe.:)

Kellsy said...

That looks amazing!! I think i might have to try this one out!
-Kels

Norris Fam said...

The first picture of the beef cooking looks a little alarming, but all the other photos look yummy!

I'm trying that one for sure! Where did you find the edamame not in the pods/shells whatever they're in?

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I couldn't find the de-shelled edamame. I just bought 2 bags of the podded kind, ran hot water on them for about 1 minute and then they popped right out when I gave them a squeeze.

It takes about a package and a half to get the amount needed.

Anonymous said...

I can attest - this was delicious.

LinkWithin