Saturday, March 11, 2006

Surgery Tuesday!

Well, Dr. Walker called and let us know that he will be doing the surgery on Dawson on Tuesday. We should be here for another day or two after that, then if there are not any further complications we will be out of here. Everytime they have put a shunt in his head it has already been full of pressure. This time it will not be. He is drained really well this time. I am hoping that this solves our problems with him. I really hate watching him have to go through this.

Today Dawson was as alert as ever. We are going to take some pics tomorrow. He is so fun. I was tickling him and playing with him and he was all smiles. It was fun to see him feeling better. At PCMC they have a Sacrament Meeting for the LDS patients and their families, they told us that tomorrow we are more than welcome to take Dawson with us. There is not to many people and it will be nice for Dawson to get out of his room. We will just have to pull his pole along with us. We will let you know how he likes it.

Ryan is still trying to adjust to no wheat and no dairy. He threw away his licorice (wheat flour) and a Pina Colada smoothie (yogurt). Poor Ryan. So far I think he has just had a lot of bananas. When we get home he will meet with a dietician and allergist to find out what exactly he is allergic to and what he can eat. He is also scheduled for his Biopsy on the 20th. It will be a crazy day. Ryan has to be in Boise at 7am. I think we will end up staying in a hotel the night before. We would have to get up and get us and 3 kids ready to leave by 5am (yikes). Ryan will be in the hospital until about 4pm. During that time I will be going to my endocrinologist. Now that I am not pregnant or nursing we can start working on treating PCOS (YEAH)! Then I will try to get Mallory over to her Cardiologist. It should be quite an adventurous day!

Anyway, I am going to go to bed. We love you all!!
Love, Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin